preparing for your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done on the same day as the consultation. During your consultation with Dr. To and our dental team examining your medical and dental history, your dentist might present an evaluation and a treatment plan. A second appointment on another day might be necessary to give time for your dental team to prepare your treatment with as much time as needed to ensure your satisfaction.
Take a look inside our Arcadia and Temple City offices here!
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
1) COVID Screening
As part of our COVID response, our team members will perform health checks before visit and on arrival.
- Health and wellness check for patients and team members.
- Expanded our infection control protocols and increased routine cleaning of surfaces with medical-grade disinfectant.
- Enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) and dental hygiene etiquette.
- Barriers, physical distancing in our patient areas with and 6-feet, open-spaced seating, the option to wait in your vehicle, removing magazines and toys.
- Facemasks required, and entry is permitted for patients with appointments only (and one guardian per minor).
2) Your referral slip and any X-ray’s if applicable.
If another doctor referred you to Parklane Dental, your referral slip would help in communicating your dental information to our team of doctors.
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request her office to send them to our office or pick up a digital or physical copy. If additional films are necessary in addition to your previous x-rays, they can be taken at our facility with our x-ray technology inside every room!
Visit our x-ray page for more info.
3) A list of medications you are presently taking.
Medications you are presently taking may affect the dental medications and treatment procedures that you receive here. Please consult Dr. To and your dental team for more details regarding your medication!
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concer or if you are on any medication or require medication before your visit.
4) If you have medical or dental insurance, bring a copy of the necessary completed forms.
This will save time and allow us to help you process your insurance claims!
Often, your insurance might issue an insurance card containing some of the most important information regarding your insurance plan. Important details include insurance plan, insurance group name and ID number, coverage date, and subscriber (name, date of birth, relationship to patient, and ID number).
5) Please arrive 15 minutes before your first visit.
As we value our patient’s time, we ask our new patients to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. This will give you more time to complete your patient information and medical history forms.
IMPORTANT FOR MINORS: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under age of 18 at the consultation visit. If the incoming patient is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must be present to sign financial, medical, and consent forms for all treatments and procedures.
As part of our COVID response, we ask that only one guardian or parent accompany any minor for his or her dental visit here at Parklane Dental. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe!