preparing for your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done on the same day as the consultation. During your consultation with Dr. To and our dental team examining your medical and dental history, your dentist might present an evaluation and a treatment plan. A second appointment on another day might be necessary to give time for your dental team to prepare your treatment with as much time as needed to ensure your satisfaction.
Take a look inside our Arcadia and Temple City offices here!
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
1) COVID Screening
Your health is on our mind, and we are taking proactive steps to keep Parklane Dental safe for your visit as part of our COVID response. During your call, our team members will ask some screening questions on COVID-19.
- All visitors and team members will be asked screening questions on COVID-19 and checked daily for temperature by infrared.
- Your dental team here has enhanced our infection control and increased routine cleaning of surfaces with medical-grade disinfectant.
- All our team members are equipped with and instructed in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow proper dental hygiene etiquette.
- We practice physical distancing in our patient areas with more open-spaced seating and 6-feet distancing, the option to wait in your vehicle, removing magazines and toys, and installing sneeze guards.
- Patients must wear masks, and entry is permitted for patients with appointments only (and one guardian per minor).
2) Your referral slip and any X-ray’s if applicable.
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request her office to forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick up a digital or physical copy from your previous dentist and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary in addition to your previous x-rays, they can be taken at our facility with the convenience of our x-ray technology inside every room!
If you have questions about x-rays, visit our x-ray page for more info, or call our Arcadia office at 626.445.3388 or our Temple City office at 626.247.4788.
- If another doctor referred you to Parklane Dental, your referral slip would help in communicating your dental information to our team of doctors.
- If you have taken x-ray’s at your previous dentist, you may request your previous dentist to send your x-ray’s to our office.
3) A list of medications you are presently taking.
Medications you are presently taking may affect the medications and treatment procedures that you receive here. Please consult Dr. To and your dental team for more details regarding your medication!
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to any dental surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
4) If you have medical or dental insurance, bring a copy of the necessary completed forms.
This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims!
Often, your insurance might issue an “insurance card” containing some of the most important information regarding your insurance plan. Important details include insurance plan, insurance group name and ID number, coverage date, and subscriber (name, date of birth, relationship to patient, and ID number).
5) Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
As we value our patient’s time, we request our new patients to arrive early before your appointment. This will give you more time to fill out paperwork and patient information and medical history.
IMPORTANT FOR MINORS: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under age of 18 at the consultation visit. If the incoming patient is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must be present to sign financial, medical, and consent forms for all treatments and procedures.
As part of our COVID response, we ask that only one guardian or parent accompany any minor for his or her dental visit here at Parklane Dental. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe!