COVID Update: Parklane Dental is committed to the health and safety of our patients, team members, and guests. In Our Response to COVID, Parklane Dental has enhanced our disinfection protocols and we will continue to closely monitor the state and county health departments, the American Dental Association, and the US Centers for Disease Control for updates on the COVID-19 situation.
In light of recent development, we thought we’d take the proactive approach and share with you how we keep your health and safety at the top of our list at Parklane Dental. You can read more on our open letter to our patients and visitors from Dr. To.
New Technology for COVID
Disinfection protocols are at the top of our list to help keep our office safe and clean for your return. In compliance with state health departments and dental boards, Parklane Dental has enhanced our disinfection protocols in frequency and intensity, and also enacted new procedures to sanitize patient areas.
New Cleaning Devices
Here are a few ways where we enlisted the latest technology at Parklane Dental.
1) Electrostatis Mist Sprayers: Our team is excited to use this technology to break up oil and disinfect liquid and disperse them onto surfaces for disinfection.
2) H13 HEPA Air Purifier: We installed this system in all patient areas that will constantly clean and purify the air.
3) UV Light Sterilizer: In addition to our normally high standard of chemical sterilization, our team will further sterilize and disinfect all instruments and tools with an UV germicidal irradiation machine.
4) Wellness Check Station: All visitors and team members will be screened by infrared thermometer and automatic hand sanitizer.
We are proud to share our many new machines for our enhanced disinfection protocols. Don’t hesitate to ask about our new technology at both locations in Arcadia and Temple City!
dental infection control
Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and team members alike at Parklane Dental. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control, from our dental family to our whole community. The cornerstone of a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust in your dental team. We welcome all questions about our disinfection protocols, and we are committed to providing you with straightforward answers.
Dr. To and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These sterilization measures include…
- Sterilization of equipment and dental instruments before every use
- Gloves, facemasks, faceshields, and personal protective equipment
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces with medical grade disinfectant
- Air filters and sterilizers in patient areas
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces, with medical-grade sterilization machine. To sanitize dental instruments, our dental team use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure. Our office follows the same high standard of infection control both at our location in Arcadia, CA and at Sanrio Friends x Parklane Dental in Temple City, CA.
Dental Hygiene Etiquette
The best defense against disease is accurate information and proper etiquette. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel at Parklane Dental!