Parklane Dental is committed to the health and safety of our patients, team members, and visitors.
In Our Response to COVID, Parklane Dental has enhanced our disinfection protocols and we will continue to closely monitor the state and county health departments, the American Dental Association, and the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for updates on the COVID-19 situation.
In light of recent development, we thought we’d take the proactive approach and share with you how we keep your health and safety at the top of our list at Parklane Dental. You can read more on our open letter to our patients and visitors from Dr. Eric To!
Dental Hygiene Etiquette
6/15/21 Update: Per LA public health order, facemasks are required at healthcare facilities.
The more you know, the safer you will be at your dentist visit to Parklane Dental!
- Physical distancing.
- Only the patient (and 1 guardian/parent) allowed per visit.
- Temperature and Wellness Check for all patients and visitors.
- All visitors must wear facemasks, even if vaccinated.
New Technology for COVID
Our disinfection protocols keep our office safe and clean for your visits!
Parklane Dental has enhanced our disinfection protocols in frequency and intensity, and also enacted new procedures to sanitize patient areas.
New Cleaning Devices
Here are a few ways where we enlisted the latest technology to keep you safe.
1) Electrostatis Mist Sprayers: We are excited to use this technology to break up oil and disinfect liquid and disperse them onto surfaces for disinfection.
2) H13 HEPA Air Purifier: We installed this system in all patient areas that will constantly clean and purify the air.
3) UV Light Sterilizer: In addition to our normally high standard of chemical sterilization, our team will further sterilize and disinfect all instruments and tools with an UV germicidal irradiation machine.
4) Wellness Check Station: All visitors and team members will be screened by infrared thermometer and automatic hand sanitizer.
Don’t hesitate to ask about our new technology at both locations in Arcadia and Temple City!
dental infection control
Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and team members at Parklane Dental!
Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control, from our dental family to our whole community!
Why do we disinfect after every visit?
Our new improved protocols help keep everyone safe as our top priority.
Disinfecting patient and waiting rooms after every visit help keep everyone safe.
Trust in your dentist is the cornerstone of a good and safe dental practice.
When you feel comfortable with a visit to your dentist, then you can feel comfortable about your dental health.
My team welcomes all questions about our disinfection protocols, and we are committed to providing you with a safe visit at Parklane Dental!
What is Dental Sterilization?
Dental sterilization is the process to clean all dental equipment and instruments after every patient visit.
Our team takes extra precautions to ensure that your patient room is thoroughly cleaned and prepared for your visit.
This process takes multiple steps to ensure the highest standard of safety and cleanliness for every patient.
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces, with medical-grade sterilization machines.
You can be sure our dental instruments are wrapped and sealed before every use!
What is Dental Sterilization like?
We take extra care to ensure that all dental instruments are thoroughly cleaned per our highest standard.
- First, our team member inspects all instruments to maintain quality.
- My dental team then hand scrubs all dental instruments to remove physical pieces and leftovers.
- To sanitize dental instruments, our dental team uses a chemical bath to treat the instruments.
- Next, they are processed with high frequency sound waves in an ultrasonic machine.
- Afterwards, our dental team uses an autoclave machine, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
Public Health Protocols
Dr. Eric To and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
For questions about state and board regulations, please visit state agencies for more information.
These sterilization measures include:
- Sterilization of equipment and dental instruments before every use
- Gloves, facemasks, face shields, and personal protective equipment
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces with medical grade disinfectant
- Air filters and sterilizers in patient areas
- Disposable materials
Preparation Your Room
Our dental team follows the highest standard of sanitation to ensure your visit is clean and safe!
After every visit to our dental office, our dental hygienists take extra precautions to sanitize each room for the next patient
Our patients appreciate our commitment to wipe all surfaces and personalize your room with barriers and freshly sterilized instruments.
We believe our dental specialty patients should rest easy knowing you are well taken care of at Parklane Dental.
If you are ready for a fresh new smile, your dream smile is just one call away at our dental offices in Arcadia and in Temple City!