This whitening treatment is affordable and effective, and many of our patients who are often on the go can bring this with ease.
This treatment will be something you can come back to again to revitalize your healthy smile and self-confidence!
How is take-home teeth whitening done?
Key Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Works on people of all ages
- Corrects brown, yellow and spotted tooth staining
- Enhance your overall appearance
- Does not damage your teeth!
- A near-permanent solution for a dull smile – restoring brightness to bring your smile alive
Many patients choose our Take-Home Whitening Kit for its comfort and ease!
An impression is taken to make a specialized mouthguard or stent to hold the bleach against the teeth. The impression has to be done at our office to create a 3D model of your mouth. In only a day or two your custom bleach splints will be ready for you to pick up.
We provide you with a special bleaching agent that you put into the clear splints. The material is used each night for about 3-4 hours for one or two weeks. At the end of this time, significant whitening will occur. In some cases, the change is nothing short of brilliant.
The best part of this treatment is you get to decide when and where at the comforts of your home. With only a few hours of wear per day, our special bleaching agent bubbles the stains right out of your enamel in a very short time. This process is done without altering tooth structure or existing dental work in any way.
When your teeth reaches the desired brightness, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile. If you feel discomfort or sensitivity, we encourage you to take a break and let your gums and teeth rest before continuing your treatment at home. Strengthening your confidence in your smile, this personalized bleaching technology improves your smile with the brightness you deserve!
How long does Take-Home Whitening take?
This whitening kit is designed to be worn between four and eight hours per application. Dr. To will advise you on how long you should wear each application.
A recent study showed that you can achieve an average improvement of six shades* after just three nights of use.
Dr. To will help you determine how many applications are right for you!
What is the treatment like?
- The procedure is typically performed over consecutive sessions, and each session a day is about half an hour.
- Before starting with the at-home whitening kit, it is always important to brush, floss, and rinse completely to remove any food pieces that could irritate your gum during treatment.
- Both during and after the treatment, you can not eat, drink, and smoke (as the trays with the whitening medication are sitting in your mouth).
- Afterwards, a simple rinse would wash away the medication, and it is recommended that you avoid eating, drinking, or smoking at least 30 minutes after each session.
- After a series of treatment, a follow-up appointment can help track your results and compare how you do with your reference shade from the first visit!
considerations for take-home Whitening
Our SanrioxParklane Dental patients can enjoy an exclusive Hello Kitty and Gudetama dental case! As part of your whitening journey, this dental case is perfect to store and protect your dental trays. This is a complimentary to our patients at our Temple City location!
For heavily stained teeth, our in-office Zoom! Treatment offers a full serviced treatment where our dental team can take care of your whitening treatment in one visit. Ask us at your next visit which treatment is right for you!